Let’s Talk About it: Preparing for Directed Trustees
Let’s Talk About It
Join attorney Christopher Smith, Chair of the Elder Law & Disability Rights Section of the State Bar of Michigan, and other members of the C&T special needs planning team for an informative event about the new Directed Trustee Laws in Michigan. There is no cost to attend this event.
Michigan’s Directed Trustee Law
- Eliminates the term “Trust Protector” from Michigan law.
- Allows discretionary trusts to segregate liability among various types of trustees, and creates the new role of an “Investment Trustee.”
- Creates new tools for drafting special needs trusts.
- Takes Effect on March 29, 2019.
Who Should Attend?
- Estate Planning Attorneys
- Trust Officers
- Financial Planners
April 16, 2019
1019 Trowbridge Rd, East Lansing MI
April 23, 2019 **** Sorry but this session is full, keep an eye out for future sessions!
26211 Central Park Blvd, Suite 200,
April 30, 2019
5820 Eastman Ave
**No Cost to Attend**