Susan L. Chalgian
1019 Trowbridge Rd
East Lansing, MI 48823
In The News
Susan L. Chalgian is a graduate of Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School and received her undergraduate degree from DePaul University in Chicago. Susan concentrates her practice in the areas of elder law, estate planning, and special needs planning.
Susan is active on several boards and committees, including:
- Council member of the Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the State Bar
- SCAO Liaison to the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar
- Secretary for the State Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan
- Board member for the Mid-Michigan Region of the Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan
- Board member for the Greater Lansing Estate Planning Council (GLEPC)
- Active member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
In addition, Susan is an accredited attorney with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. She is a co-author of the ICLE publication, “Advising the Older Client or Client with Disability” and a frequent speaker to both professional audiences and community groups. In 2019, Susan was selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
An East Lansing native herself, Susan returned home after earning her undergraduate degree and married another local. They live in the area with their two sons and two dogs. She spends a lot of her free time with family, playing board games, and bowling.