Susan L. Chalgian
1019 Trowbridge Rd
East Lansing, MI 48823
In The News
Susan L. Chalgian is a graduate of Western Michigan University Cooley Law School and she received her undergraduate degree from DePaul University in Chicago. She concentrates her practice in the areas of elder law, estate planning, and special needs planning. Susan serves several committee and council roles, including:
- Council member of the Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the State Bar
- Co-Chair of the Legislative Committee for the Elder Law and Disability Rights Section
- SCAO Liaison to the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar
- Secretary for the state-wide Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan Section of the State Bar
- Board member for the Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan, Mid-Michigan Region
- Board member for the Greater Lansing Estate Planning Council (GLEPC)
- Accredited attorney with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
In addition, Susan is co-author of the ICLE publication, “Advising the Older Client or Client with Disability” and is frequent speaker on issues of elder law.
An East Lansing native herself, Susan returned home after undergrad and married another local. They live in the area with their son and two dogs. She spends a lot of her time with family, playing board games, and bowling.