Susan L. Chalgian
1019 Trowbridge Rd
East Lansing, MI 48823
In The News
Susan L. Chalgian is a graduate of Western Michigan University Thomas M. Cooley Law School and received her undergraduate degree from DePaul University in Chicago. Susan concentrates her practice in the areas of elder law, estate planning, and special needs planning.
Susan is active on several boards and committees, including:
- President for the Women Lawyer’s Association of Michigan
- Treasurer for the Elder Law and Disability Rights Section of the State Bar
- Council member for the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar
- Member of the Institute for Continuing Legal Education’s (ICLE) Elder Law Advisory Planning Committee
- Member of the State Court Administrative Office (SCAO) Estates and Protected Individuals Code (EPIC) Forms Committee and Justice for All Commission Committee
- Member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Member of the Kent County Elder Abuse Coalition
- Member of the Greater Lansing Estate Planning Council
In addition, Susan is an accredited attorney with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. She is a co-author of the ICLE publication, “Advising the Older Client or Client with Disability.” Susan is a frequent speaker to both professional audiences and community groups.
From 2019 forward, Susan has been selected as a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine. She was also recognized by Michigan Lawyers Weekly in their “Up & Coming” Class of 2021.
An East Lansing native herself, Susan returned home after earning her undergraduate degree and married another local. They live in the area with their three children and two dogs.